Dental crowns and bridges can restore the original look, feel and function of teeth. Our highly experienced dentists may use the latest scanning technology to design custom crowns and bridges for chipped, cracked, weakened or missing teeth, with no uncomfortable mould needed. We can match your restorations to your natural tooth colour for a seamless finish.
To make an appointment with our dentists today, call Smiles@Aldgate on 08 8339 6903
Crown is needed when a significant integrity of the structural integrity of a tooth is compromised. Meanwhile, a bridge replaces a missing tooth by joining an artificial tooth permanently to adjacent teeth or a dental implant.
Types of Crowns
Crowns are usually bonded to the tooth with dental cement. They can be made with porcelain, porcelain fused to metal or pure metal.
A bridge is made up of two or more crowns for the teeth on either side of a gap. If you have empty spaces in your jaw, get it resolved through our best treatment options.
Missing teeth can seriously impart changes in your biting habits, dislocation of neighbouring teeth, an increased risk for periodontal disease, and a higher chance of tooth decay. Certain conditions of missing tooth mat lead to speech impediments.
Dental crowns can be used:
- To restore a badly broken or worn down tooth
- To protect a tooth that has been weakened such as decay, cracks,
- To restore the integrity of a tooth with root canal therapy done
- To restore a tooth that has minimal tooth structure
- To support a dental implant
- To hold a dental bridge securely in place
- To cover a discoloured or misshaped tooth for cosmetics
Teeth have functions apart from chewing and biting. so missing teeth should be replaced:
- To improve appearance and speech
- To prevent Stresses that cause damage to other teeth
- To prevent the teeth near the gap from shifting
- To maintain the natural bite
- To improve chewing ability
Do you need to repair, strengthen or replace a tooth?
To make an appointment today, call Smiles@Aldgate on 08 8339 6903